Good morning Charger Nation!
Following Dr. Marotta’s message to the community yesterday I wanted to follow-up with some Consentino specific information. Please read the details below carefully as it contains vital information to the start of the school year at Consentino. We are working hard to prepare for the first day of school and a return to what we hope is a normal school year. In addition to our Open House on 8/29, please save the date for our 3rd Annual Back to School BBQ on September 15th. Hamburgers, hot dogs, music, yard games, and more! We’ll see you soon!
Richard Poor, Ed.D.
Homeroom and Class Assignments
- Available on the SchoolBrains Community Portal at 4pm on Friday August 26th. While they may be posted now there is a possibility they are not accurate. Please remember, our groups are heterogeneously created and we do not honor assignment requests.
- Homeroom/class assignments as well as Progress Reports and Report Cards will be available on the SchoolBrains Community Portal.
- For more information on the SchoolBrains Community Portal or to sign up please visit https://www.haverhill-ps.org/parents-students/.
August 29th 5:30-7pm
- Parking will be located on the cafeteria side of Consentino (next to tents). When looking at the building from Washington St. the lot is to the left of the school. Please do not park in the Silver Hill lot unless you are also attending that Open House.
- Enter the building through the cafeteria doors.
- After a brief welcome we will send families with their grade-level teams to meet their teachers and tour the building.
- Existing HPS students should bring their assigned Chromebook with them on the first day of school, regardless of which school issued the device. Those devices will remain with the student.
- Students new HPS will be issued devices during the first week of school.
- Students are expected to come to school with a fully charged device every day.
- This year the district is offering insurance to coverage damages/loss of Chromebooks. Please visit https://www.haverhill-ps.org/technology/device-insurance/ for more information.
- All supplies students will need will be provided by the school. The only items students should bring on their own are a backpack, water bottle, and headphones or earbuds. Please note, AirPods or other wireless headphones will not work with the school devices.
- Students will be assigned lockers on the first day of school. In general, students will share a locker with another student. Students may purchase their own lock.
Consentino Specific Policy
- In addition to the HPS K-12 Student Handbook, Consentino has some specific policies that we operate on known as the PRIDE Program. The PRIDE Playbook for the 2022-2023 School Year can be found at https://consentino.haverhill-ps.org/pride-policy/. It is essential that students and families understand this document. Explicit training will be provided to students on the first day of school.
- DeansList is used by the school to track student behavior. Invitations to the Parent Portal for DeansList will be coming shortly.
- Starting this year hoods will not longer be authorized for wear in the school building.