Dr. A. B. Consentino School
Welcome to the Dr. A. B. Consentino School!
Home of the Chargers
2014 Middle School Boys Basketball Champions.
2014 Middle School Boys Soccer Champions.
2014 Middle School Boys Cross Country Champions.
- Lunch money account mylunchmoney.com
Weekly Parent Update 11/22/14
I hope you all are enjoying this Saturday with your families. We are very excited to be marching in the Santa Parade tomorrow with Silver Hill School. Our K-4 students, Honor Society students, teachers, and cheerleaders will be proudly representing the Chargers in the parade. Please look for us on the route. The parade begins at 1:00 pm at Hunking School.
As you know, next week is the Thanksgiving recess. Thank you to the families who have donated canned goods to the Honor Society endeavor to help less fortunate families in our community. We greatly appreciate your generosity.
I have been announcing all week to the students that I have discontinued the afternoon MVRTA pay bus service from Consentino School as of yesterday. The morning service will still be operating. If you have any questions about this change, please email or call me.
Below are some important reminders/dates/events:
• November 26- Early Release- Dismissal will be at 11:05.
• November 27-28: No School Thanksgiving Recess
• December 3: Parent/Teacher Conferences 5:30-7:30 K-8
• December 4: Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:30-5:00 K-8
• Drop off time is 8:05. Please do not drop off your child before this time. There are no staff members on duty until 8:05.
• Dr. Thakkar updates our website daily. Please visit www.haverhill-ps.org/consentino
Below is an important message from Mrs. Prochilo to our 8th grade students:
This is a very busy month for our 8th graders. With report cards being issued on December 3, applications to private schools and Essex Technical High School can now be processed. If your child is applying to a private school or Essex Tech, please make sure he/she has met with Mrs. Prochilo to discuss the application process and turn in any necessary pieces of the application. Applications for Whittier Regional Vocational Technical High School will be sent home during the Christmas break to be completed.
Our 8th grade students will be touring two of our local high schools during the first week of December. If you do not want your child to participate in the tours, please call Mrs. Prochilo at (978) 374-5775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All 8th grade students and teachers will be transported to and from the schools by bus. The tour dates are:
Monday, December 1, 2014 – 8th grade and staff tour of Haverhill High School 8:45am-11am
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 – 8th grade and staff tour of Whittier Tech 8:45am-11am
Please call or email Mrs. Prochilo if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you again for all your support. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving with your families. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please email or call me. I will get back to you ASAP.
Weekly Parent Update 11/15/14
I hope this email finds you and your families well on this beautiful Saturday. The next couple of weeks leading up to the Thanksgiving break are full of important dates and events. Most importantly, grades close for the first trimester on November 21st. Conferences will be the first week of December. I will outline the exact days and times later on in this email.
Below are events happening in the next two weeks:
• November 19- Picture retake day.
• November 20- K-4 Title I workshop- Parents as Partners 5:30-7:00 in the cafeteria.
• November 21- Trimester 1 marks close for K-8.
• November 23- Santa Parade. Our Honors Society, K-4 students, and cheerleaders will be marching with the Consentino/Silver Hill float. Anyone marching needs to report to Hunking at 12:00 pm. We hope to see everyone on the route. The parade begins at 1:00 pm from Hunking School.
• Below are the Parent/Teacher Conference information:
December 3- 5:30-7:30 K-8
December 4- 3:30-5:00 K-8
K-4 teachers will send home notices to parents in order to schedule appointments.
Grades 5-8 conferences are first come, first serve.
• Below are a few friendly reminders:
Office hours are from 8:00 am-3:45 pm. Please feel free to leave a message on our answering machine. Someone will get back to you in a timely manner.
Drop off time is 8:10 am. There are no staff members on duty before this time.
If you ever change your phone number or address, please contact my office staff.
Thank you again for all your support. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Enjoy the weekend with your families.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Below are the days and times for conferences for trimester 1 K-8 at Consentino:
December 3- 5:30-7:30
December 4- 3:30-5:00
K-4 teachers will send out forms to parents in order to schedule appointments.
5-8 conferences will be first come, first serve both nights.
Float and other events from PTO
Silver Hill/Consentino float will be assembled on November 22, 2014 (Saturday) in the SH/Consentino parking lot starting at 10:00 AM. PTO has requested that they can use all the help they can get to assemble the float.
For the parade on November 23, 2014 (Sunday), everyone will meet at the Hunking school at 12:00-Noon.
Raffle basket notices have gone home. More information about raffle baskets will follow soon.
Chunky’s ticket order forms will be going home next week.
Weekly Parent Update 11/8/14
I hope you all are having a restful weekend. The middle school students should still be tired from the dance last night. What a wonderful turnout! The kids were very well-behaved, and a fun time was had by all. I know a few of the teachers are tired since they were trying to keep up with kiddos on the dance floor. I want to thank Miss McCarthy and the cheerleaders for sponsoring and working the dance. They did a fabulous job. I would like to have another dance in February.
The first trimester will close on November 21st. If you need to speak with your child’s teacher, please call the office or email the teachers directly to schedule an appointment. Parent/Teacher conferences will take place the first week in December. I will finalize those dates and times next week.
Below are some important events/reminders happening this week:
• Middle school teachers have curriculum meetings on Monday. They will not be available for extra help on this day.
• November 11-Veterans Day- No School. I want to publicly thank all our Consentino veterans for their service to our great country.
• Basketball tryouts for the 7th and 8th grade boys and girls teams will continue next week. I will announce the days during my morning announcements.
• Winter is coming fast and the weather late next week is looking a bit chilly. Please be sure your child is prepared for the elements. We will be going outside for recess for fresh air and exercise.
• Please do not drop your child off before 8:05. Children are not allowed in the building before that time.
• If you change your phone number or address, please call the office staff.
Thank you again for all your support. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email me. Enjoy the precious few weeks of fall with your families.
Time change for dance on 11/7
Due to a lack of interest in grades 7-8 for the dance, I am combining the dance to include grades 5-8. The time will be from 3-6 pm. Thank you for your understanding.
Weekly Parent Update 11/1/14
I hope this email finds you well. We had a great week here at school. Our student-athletes shined this week and made the Consentino family proud. Our girls cross country and soccer teams placed second in the championship matches. They displayed great sportsmanship and competed hard. This is what we expect of all our students in and out of the classroom.
Our boys cross country and soccer teams were the champions for the district. The cross country team placed 1-4 in the championship meet on Wednesday. Congratulations to Mrs. Prochilo who coached both the boys and girls teams. The soccer team narrowly defeated Hunking in a shootout. This is the second year in a row that the boys have won the championship. Congratulations to Mr. Little, Miss Augustus, and Miss Kimball who coached both the boys and girls teams.
On November 4, the students will have no school due to Election Day. However, the teachers will be participating in professional development geared toward gaining a better understanding of the PARCC test and Common Core standards. If you have any questions about the PARCC test, please contact Dr. Thakkar and he will be more than happy to help you.
Below are some important events happening this week:
• November 4- No School Election Day Remember to get out and vote.
• November 6- PTO 6:00 pm in the library.
• November 7- Fall Dance Gr. 5/6 3-5 pm Gr. 7/8 5-7 pm. Tickets are $5.00 and will go on sale Monday during lunches.
• Basketball tryouts will begin soon for grades 7 and 8 boys and girls. Days and times will be announced during morning announcements.
• November 3 is my staff meeting for the teachers. Teachers will not be available for extra help on this day.
Below are some friendly reminders:
• Our office hours are 8:00 am to 3:45 pm. You can leave a message before or after these hours.
• If you change your phone number, please let the office staff know ASAP.
• Please do not drop off your children before 8:05. There is no staff on duty, and I do not allow children in the building before that time.
Again, I want to thank you for all your support. We have had a great start to the school year. I want to remind you that the first trimester ends on November 21st. If you need to meet with your child’s teachers, please call the office and you can schedule an appointment. I hope you enjoy the weekend with your families. Feel free to call or email me anytime you have questions or concerns.
Weekly Parent Update 10/25/14
I hope you are having a restful weekend with your families. Our sports teams are competing for championships this week. We know they will make us proud. Below are some events happening this week:
October 27- Girls soccer 3:30 @HHS
October 28- Boys soccer 4:40 @HHS
October 29- Cross country championship meet Gr. 6-8 @ Winnikenni Park
October 30- Ski Club sign up 6-7 pm
November 7- Fall Dance Gr. 5/6 3-5 pm Gr. 7/8 5-7 pm Tickets will be $5.00 and will be sold at lunch.
Below are some reminders:
Drop off time is between 8:05-8:25. Please do not drop off earlier since there is no staff on duty until 8:05.
Our office hours are 8:00-3:45. Please leave a message on our machine before or after hours.
Administration is working with students and staff in classrooms most of the day. If you need to speak to one of the principals, please schedule an appointment.
Enjoy Trick or Treat tonight and stay safe.
Weekly Parent Update 10/18/14
I hope you are having a nice Saturday with your families. I can not believe that October is half over. The teachers and children have been working extremely hard to prepare for the PARCC tests. Dr. Thakkar has been doing model lessons in the English classes to help prepare the children for the tests. If you have any questions about PARCC, please call us, and we will be happy to help you.
Below are some events happening this week:
• October 21- K, 1, 2 (Maginnis) to Smolak Farms in North Andover
• October 21- Cross Country Grades 6-8 Championship meet 3:30
• October 22-Girls Soccer semi-finals at HHS 3:30
• October 23- Boys soccer semi-finals at HHS 4:30
• October 23- Ski Club sign ups from 6-7pm in the cafeteria
Below are some reminders:
• Drop off time is 8:05. Students are considered late after 8:45. It is very important that the children are on-time for school each day.
• You must call the school if your child will be absent.
• Office hours are 8:00 am-3:45 pm. If you call before or after these hours, feel free to leave a message on our answering machine.
• Mr. Oelerich, Dr. Thakkar, and I are in classrooms most of the day. If you need to meet with one of us, please schedule an appointment, and we will meet with you ASAP.
• The PTO is having an informational meeting on October 20 at 7:00 pm at Garrison Golf Course to discuss plans for a potential float for the Santa Parade. You are more than welcome to attend.
Please check out our website www.haverhill-ps.org/consentino.
Thank you again for all your support. Please call us if you have any concerns or questions. Enjoy the weekend and go Chargers!
Today’s cross country meet rescheduled
The Cross Country meet scheduled for grades 6-8 today has been rescheduled to October 16 at 3:30 at Winnekenni Park. Sorry for the late notice.
Mrs. Prochilo will still have practice this afternoon for the gr. 6-8 cross country athletes from 2:45-3:45 at Consentino.