Dr. A. B. Consentino School
Welcome to the Dr. A. B. Consentino School!
Home of the Chargers- 2014 Middle School Boys Basketball Champions.
*** If you’d like to donate books to the school, please stop by the main office. Thank you. ***
- To manage your child’s lunch money account, log on to mylunchmoney.com
Weekly Parent Update 9/20/14
I am pleased to announce that our 2013-2014 MCAS scores have been released to the public. Consentino is still a level 2 school. This is a credit to our dedicated staff and supportive parents. We are very proud of this ranking considering all the changes and programs we as a school community have undertaken the past four years. We will continue to strive to become a level 1 school. If you have any questions regarding the state rankings and our school programs, please call Dr. Thakkar, Mr. Oelerich , or I and we will be happy to discuss these issues with you.
Our chorus and guitar programs have begun. I am very impressed with the number of children participating in these classes. I want to thank Ruth Cranton for her dedication and passion for these initiatives. She is the best music teacher in the city.
The cross country and soccer programs are in full swing as well. The coaches and children have worked extremely hard the past couple of weeks to prepare for the competitive matches. The schedules are posted on our website. www.haverhill-ps.org/consentino Dr. Thakkar updates this website daily. If you have any questions, please call me or Dr. Thakkar directly.
Below are some important dates/events/reminders:
• October 1- Early Release. Dismissal is at 11:05
• October 8- Progress Reports will be distributed for K-8.
• October 13- Columbus Day- No school
Remember to call the school if your child will be absent. Our office hours are 8:00 am- 3:45 pm. You can always leave a message on our answering machine.
Children are considered late after 8:45. Please be sure to have your child at school on time.
I have noticed that many parents are dismissing children before 2:45. We would appreciate it if you would schedule appointments before or after school hours. Dismissals are very disruptive to the teachers and students. Thank you for your cooperation.
Lastly, I want to thank you for your continued support. If you ever have any concerns/questions, please call me directly. Have a great weekend with your families.
Weekly Parent Update 9/13/14
Weekly Parent Update 9/13/14
I hope this email finds everyone well. We just finished our first full week of school, and things are going smoothly. I want to thank parents who drop off and pick up in our parking lot for following the correct procedures. Remember- You must take a right turn when exiting our lot onto Washington St.
Our first PTO meeting was well attended. I want to thank the parents who took the time out of their busy schedules to stop by. Thanks again for your support with our Meadow Farms fundraiser. Our next meeting is October 9, 2014, at 1:00pm.
Cross country and soccer practices have begun. Dr. Thakkar will post the dates on our website for your convenience. www.haverhill-ps.org/consentino
Our after school language learning program is still taking applications. If you are interested in having your child participate in this great program, please have him/her see me early next week. I will provide him/her with a permission slip.
Lastly, Mr. Oelerich, Dr. Thakkar, and I are planning to have a fall clean-up day in the next few weeks. If you have any suggestions or would like to help, please email or call me.
Below are some important upcoming dates/events:
• September 15-Staff meeting
• September 18- Picture Day
Remember to call me with any concerns. Enjoy the weekend with your families.
Parent Update 9-6-14
I hope you enjoyed your summer vacation with your families. We had a very busy summer at school. All of our rooms have been hard-wired for wireless internet access. Our parking lot has been repaved and looks fabulous. I appreciate all parents adhering to the pickup and drop off routines.
I want to take this opportunity to welcome our new sixth graders from Silver Hill. Also, I want to welcome students who are new to our school community. Please feel free to contact us with any concerns.
Below are some important reminders/events:
• PTO meeting September 11 at 6:00 pm in the library.
• Soccer tryouts for girls gr. 7, 8 and boys 6, 7, 8 begin this week.
• Cross Country sign-ups for grades 4-8 will be this week.
• Please fill out the green sheets and return them ASAP to school. It is important that we have updated emergency contacts.
• Mrs. Prochilo will be meeting with eighth graders this week to discuss high school options.
• Meadow Farms fundraiser materials went home with the children yesterday. We would appreciate your support with this PTO fundraiser. All money raised will directly benefit your children.
• Be sure to check out our website. Dr. Thakkar updates it daily. www.haverhill-ps.org/consentino
• If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at 978-374-5775.
• Our staff listing on the website has been updated by Dr. Thakkar this week. If you need to email your child’s teacher, please follow Dr. Thakkar’s instructions posted on the site.
Have a wonderful weekend with your families. Enjoy this beautiful weather.
Mr. Mele, Dr. Thakkar, Mr. Oelerich
Drop off and pick up procedure / Procedimiento para dejar y recoger
Drop off and pick up procedure
- Front main drive way is off-limits to all vehicles during school hours
- Drop off for K-4 is by the canopy side of the building
- Drop off for 5-8 is on the loading dock side of the building
- Pick up for all grades is on the loading dock side of the building
- The loading dock side is right turn only from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Dejar y recoger procedimiento
• Camino de entrada principal del frente es de acceso prohibido para todos los vehículos durante las horas de clase
• Entrar para los grados K – 4 es por el lado del canopy del edificio
• Entrar para los grados 5-8 es por el lado del loading dock del edificio
• Recogida de todos los grados se encuentra en el lado loading dock del edificio
• El lado del loading dock se pasar a la derecha sólo de 8:00 AM a 3:00 PM
Language Learning Program Is Back
We have been informed by the city that our parking lot and sidewalk should be completed by opening day.
First parent letter for SY 2014-2015
Open House 2014 Dates
Grades K-5: August 25, 2014, 5:00 PM, at Consentino School
Grades 6-8: August 27, 2014, 5:00 PM, at Consentino School
Have a great summer
Have a great summer. Remember to read… a LOT! See you on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 (first day of school).