Dr. A. B. Consentino School
Welcome to Dr. A. B. Consentino School
Home of the Chargers
*** School Supply List 2016-2017***
Weekly Parent Update 9/23/16
I hope this email finds you and your families well on this beautiful Saturday morning. It was another great week at school. Our intramural sports teams have been practicing in preparation for the opening events/games. Our soccer season will kick off Tuesday at Bradford Elementary against Hunking. The girls play first at 3:30. On Thursday, the soccer teams play at Consentino. Boys will play first. We are expecting great results from our student/athletes. We are very proud of them. Cross Country practice will continue this week. Mrs. Hanson and Mrs. East have been doing a fabulous job preparing our kiddos for the big meet at the Castle.
Below are some important events/reminders:
- Sept 26- Elementary Curriculum Meetings- Staff will not be available for extra help on this day.
- Sept 28- Ferry Beach parent meeting (Gr. 6) at 5:00. Washington, DC meeting (Gr. 8) at 6:00 in the cafeteria. It is important that you attend these meetings.
- If your child is going to be absent, call the school after 8:00 am to report the absence.
- Do not drop off your child before 8:05. No one is allowed in the building before this time.
- Tardies and dismissals interfere with your child’s learning. Children must report to school by 8:25 am. Instructional time begins at 8:45 am. Only dismiss your child early in an emergency. Dismissal is at 2:30 (Gr. 1-4) and 2:45 (Gr. 5-8).
- Our PTO Meadow Farms fundraiser was a great success. Thank you again for supporting our school.
Thank you again for your support. I am truly blessed to work with the best students, parents, and staff in the city of Haverhill. Enjoy the weekend with your families.
PBIS Update (Positive Behavior Intervention Supports)Good Morning,
Welcome (back) to Consentino for the 2016-2017 school year! This school year is already off to an amazing start. Construction has been completed on our new Library, The basketball court looks better than the High School, Discovery club dedicated a beautiful butterfly garden, the city has paved the elementary walkway out back, new cameras have been installed and coming in October 2016…NEW LOCKERS!!! With all of these great improvements happening, we felt time was right to focus on school culture as well. Staff members have spent countless hours collecting data, surveying staff, and collaborating to address identified areas of need. Volunteer staff members came together throughout the course of last year and over this summer to create, plan, and implement a custom PBIS system for our school.
“PBIS is a framework or approach for assisting school personnel in adopting and organizing evidence-based behavioral interventions into an integrated continuum that enhances academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.” Simply put, PBIS provides a consistent structure of behavior expectations with a school wide reward system to promote consistent behavioral expectations throughout the school in an equitable manner.
We hope you will embrace our new approach towards discipline, behavior, and rewards this year. We are all new to this system and will have many questions, modifications, suggestions and questions along the way. Your involvement in PBIS would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for donations of prepared food for special lunch prizes, gift certificates for student and staff rewards, performances (musical or artistic) and demonstrations that will give our students unique opportunities and experiences.
The links below outline our New School Wide Behavioral Expectations and Discipline Procedure Structure, Ticket Incentive program, and translated versions of each document in SpanishSincerely,Mr. Mele